This week, I was tasked by a professor to "go find someone more stressed than you and help them." I can't help but think that it is an attempt to keep us from thinking about the stress his class is causing all of us...
But seriously, I get the point, there is always someone who is more stressed, someone who has more on their plate than we do.
And so, I searched, though I did not have to look far.
I work in a computer lab. It mostly involves minor trouble shooting and refilling the printer paper. The other day though, an obviously frazzled student rushed into the lab, clearly at the end of his rope, asking for assistance. He had an extremely important assignment due that he needed to print and he left his card at home so he was unable to do so. We aren't supposed to use our administrative privileges to print other student's documents for free... but I did just that.
I thought about how I would feel in that situation and how happy it would make me if someone went out of their way to help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment