Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A successful blog...

I recall how I reacted when I heard that I would have to keep up a blog for this class. In short, it was a bout of mild discontent. Deep in my bones I've felt that blog should only be written by those with something to say, and I did not think I had anything to say.

And, I still feel that way. BUT, I did learn tricks that will come in handy if I ever decide to take another crack at making a blog.

1) Advertise

I suppose it would be ideal if I could pay for advertising, but what I'm talking about here simple sharing on Facebook or other social media. No one will simply stumble upon a blog, it must be thrust upon them... or something like that.

2) Stick to relevant content

I started with good intentions on this blog, but eventually I copped out and deviated from the original purpose: Japanese (this post itself is a copout actually). Part of the problem was I didn't have any readers, but if I did I would want to stay loyal to them and post content that got them interested in the first place.

3) Pick a topic that you care about enough to write about for a looooong time

Whatever the topic, it needs to be deep enough and interesting enough (to you and to readers) to write about for an extended period of time. 

Next time I make a blog, I'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment